Sunday, September 9, 2018

Week 92 - Finding Tender Mercies with the Superintendent of Immigration, moving out of the office




Buenos Dias!!!

This has been an awesome week here in Primavera. Last Sunday evening I received the call that my replacement was coming to replace me as the mission secretary. Even though it has been an amazing experience I am super exciting to get back out to the field. I am not sure where I am heading off to just yet, but I know it is going to be a great change. My replacement is Elder Ray from Las Vegas, Nevada. I will spend one more week with him here in the office training him up and then I will be transferred out. 

This week Elder Ray and I had a super awesome experience when we went to the immigration office here in Trujillo. I frequent the immigration office about two to three times per week, so we were there to show Elder Ray the ropes. On our way out the door we took a moment to chat with the Superintendent Milagros. As a superintendent she has the job of keeping order in Immigration office and she loves to make up funny rules out of nowhere to mix things up. That being said she is a friend of ours and we always take the opportunity to talk to her. This week I gave her the news that I would be finishing my time as the mission secretary and she would no longer be seeing me in her Immigration office. To that she somewhat jokingly told me "What a shame because we never prayed together...". The idea then came to me to invite her to pray with us in that very moment. She accepted! She took us up to her office and she began to open up to us. The hard-strict Milagros turned from one moment to another into a very honest and sincere concerned mother. She began to tell us of her daughter in the United States who has been emotionally suffering for well over a year after suffering from a miscarriage. In Milagros' second floor office we said a very heart felt prayer with her, thanking our Heavenly Father for the many blessings we have as well as asking comfort for her daughter. She shed tears and as strange as it sounds the spirit was very present there in her immigration office. To be honest it was a very sentimental moment for me. I have spent so much time there with missionaries and with the workers that I felt in that moment I was truly helping them to feel Christ's love after they have helped us so many times to be here in Peru legally. I have met so many interesting and amazing people there in Immigration office and this experience was one of the many memorable experiences I have had there. 

This week we also had our multi zone conference which are always wonderful times to learn from President and his wife. The next time I write I will know my next and probably final stop here in the mission.

Love,
Elder Vassau 




No comments:

Post a Comment